The ECHO Expansion Program offers concentrated support over a 12-15 month period to strengthen your full-time primary care clinic. You will receive the support of a primary ECHO consultant along with the resources of the entire ECHO consultant team. This support is available at a low cost for approved clinics, and you can learn more about how to apply below.
“We are excited to once again work closely with ECHO. We are all onboard and fully committed to doing what it takes to serve the people in need within our community.”
Steps To Apply
Step 1: Complete the ECHO Expansion Self-Assessment covering all elements of your current operations.
Step 2: Interview with an ECHO Consultant to clarify all information and determine readiness.
Step 3: Upon approval, sign a formal agreement.
Step 4: Receive assignment of an ECHO consultant.
If the clinic is not yet ready to begin the expansion process, we’ll prepare recommendations to help you reach that level of readiness.
Critical Elements of Readiness may include the following:
- The clinic must have two years of operational practice (seeing patients).
- The Clinic must have an active and engaged Board who supports the expansion vision.
- The clinic must carry out sound governance practices.
- The clinic should have a paid Executive Director with at least six months of experience.
- The clinic’s operating budget should have a diversity of funding sources.
- The clinic should be committed to carrying out a strategic planning process as part of the expansion process. (This may be conducted using ECHO or outside resources, and it is not included in the fee for expansion services).
- The Board and Executive Director are committed to dedicating the time and energy to fully engage in the expansion process during the contracted period.
ECHO’s Expansion project goals are to develop clinics that demonstrate the following:
- Operate on a full-time basis.
- Provide comprehensive services centered on the delivery of primary care.
- Proven governance by a strong Board with sound management practices.
- Operate on a balanced budget, utilizing diverse revenue sources and community partners’ support.
- Meet industry and ECHO standards for quality care.
- Effectively use electronic medical records system.
- Employ core paid staff.
Ready to Get Started?
If your group is interested in expanding the services of your health clinic, please fill out the electronic version of our Self Assessment. An ECHO consultant will contact your clinic to discuss our consulting process and to explore how this may fit with your clinic’s particular needs. If our organization feels like a good fit for your needs, your clinic will be offered an agreement for signature so that we can begin working together.
No matter your stage of readiness, we invite you to contact us »