By Josh Roberts
Storytelling is the lifeblood of nonprofit sustainability which is why ECHO is documenting the redemption of healthcare in America. Plenty has been said about our broken healthcare system.
We want to talk about what’s working.
We’ll be Shining a Light on Healthcare that’s practiced by people of faith, who strive to reclaim the biblical obligation to care for bodies and spirits.
In our introductory video, you met representatives from three faith-based charitable clinics:
- We want to tell you about Dr. Stephanie Diehlmann in Cactus, TX. Her story is unique and inspiring. She’s a shining example of what’s working with healthcare.
- There’s a powerful story to tell about Trinity Health Center in DeSoto County, MS. That clinic represents the promise of what can be done when faith, the Church, and healthcare intersect.
- We want to share the 30+ year history of Church Health in Memphis, TN. ECHO’s consulting services are based on the Church Health model and it’s important.
In March, ECHO will be launching a Kickstarter campaign for Shining a Light on Healthcare in America. Through that project, we’ll tell the story of as many of our clients – the free and charitable clinics across America – as we can.
We aim to raise awareness about the people who provide high-quality healthcare to the underserved. Our hope is this awareness leads to more support for their clinics and helps them achieve their goals.
We know there are people in America who care about healthcare for the underserved. Many of whom don’t work in or have any direct connection to healthcare. We believe these people deserve to know about the good that’s happening.
Shining a Light on Healthcare has three goals:
- Raise awareness and support for free and charitable clinics in America
- Tell the authentic stories of the people who provide healthcare to the underserved
- Give hope to people frustrated and disenfranchised with our healthcare system
Two ways you can help:
Donate now or sign up for updates on the project and get notified when the Kickstarter launches
ECHO is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and that all donations are tax-deductible.